The new master educational program entered in 2018 at faculty Biomedfarmtekhnologichesky is implemented for training of specialists, biologically active proteinaceous and peptide agents owning fundamental knowledge in design, on release of new proteins and peptides, their synthesis, establishment of spatial structure in solution and a crystal, to studying of biological activity of the natural and modified connections in a broad set of tests.
At the organization of educational process in Branch of institute of bioorganic chemistry of academicians M.M Shemyakin and Yu.A. Ovchinikov RAS (Branch of institute of bioorganic chemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences) is shared material and technical resources, research and production and intellectual potential of Branch of institute of bioorganic chemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences , including:
- the laboratory of biological tests (AAALAC International) which is most titled in the country in the field of not clinical trials,
- the unique station of artificial climate with laboratory of klonalny microreproduction of plants the BIOTRON,
- scientific-industrial complex for preclinical researches of BIOCENTR medications,
- environmentally friendly installation for thermal destruction of waste of chemical and biochemical researches.
Considerable attention in the course of training of specialists is paid to training in methods of receiving new medications of the proteinaceous and peptide nature (interferona, new options of hormones of growth, entomotsidny proteins, mutants of limfotoksin, tumor necrosis factor hybrids, etc.) and also to methods of genetic engineering of plants, receiving transgene forms of agricultural cultures with the improved agronomical characteristics, to receptions of an operating time in plants of medicines for the medical and chemical industries (biopharming).
Educational process is carried out with involvement of 4 doctors of the biological and 1 doctor of medical sciences, 2 candidates of biological and 4 Candidates of Chemistry.
During training students work in research laboratories and are involved in implementation of relevant scientific projects.
Main directions of researches:
- • search, allocation, establishment of a structure and synthesis of new biologically active agents - proteins and peptides; studying of molecular mechanisms of their action, interrelation of structure and function;
- • studying of molecular mechanisms of recognition of biomolecules and signaling in biological systems;
- • researches of structure and function of nucleinic acids - genes of the person, animals, plants; expression of genes of biologically important proteins;
- • studying of molecular and cellular fundamentals of immunology – mechanisms of immunomodulatory and antineoplastic activities of natural and synthetic connections;
- • development of new medicines and technologies of their production;
- • preclinical toxicological tests of safety of new biomedications according to the international GLP standard (Good Laboratory Practice) and studying of their pharmacological action;
- • receiving by methods of genetic engineering of transgene plants with the set signs;
- • production of high-quality laboratory animals (mice, rats, hamsters) of category SPF (free from pathogenic flora);
- • creation of biological models of diseases of the person.