According to this master program training of specialists researchers in the field of biophysics, cellular biology, radiobiology and biomedicine with use of the academic and research base with unique infrastructure facilities of Institute of theoretical and experimental biophysics of Russian Academy of Sciences (Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics of the Russian Academy of Sciences), namely 15 laboratories in which the exclusive equipment shared is involved in research and educational processes is carried out:
- spectrometer of nuclear magnetic resonance of high resolution of the AVANCE III 600 MHz model of production of Brukerbiospin, Switzerland, 2003;
- tablet spektrofluoremeter Infinity 200 (Tecan, Austria); 2006;
- spektropolyarimeter Jasco 815, Japan, 2007;
- spektrofluoremeter Cary Eclipse, Varian, Australia, 2007;
- the laser scanning confocal microscope of Leica TCS SP5, Germany;
- the scanning electronic microscope microanalyzer of JSM, Jeol, Japan;
- the laser scanning confocal microscope of Leica, Germany, 2009;
- the inverted EclipseTi-E microscope (Nikon, Japan), 2012;
- system of the multiple parameter analysis Image Xpress Micro XL (Molecular Devices, USA), 2013.
Main directions of scientific research:
- • a research of nonlinear processes in biological systems;
- • use of results of basic researches in biology, biomedicine and environmental protection;
- • a research of mechanisms of reaction of biological systems from molecular to organismal level on influences of various nature (the biological, chemical and mechanical and also ionizing and not ionizing radiation);
- • use of results of fundamental developments in biology, medicine and nanotechnologies.
The program consists of author's courses of lectures of scientific and pedagogical employees of faculty among which there are 5 biological doctors, 2 doctors physical and mathematical and 1 Doctor of Chemistry, 9 Candidates of Biology.
During educational process students master modern methods of researches and the equipment which are used in various areas of basic biological researches: Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, methods of stable and radioactive isotopes, electronic microscopy, methods of genetic engineering and other physical and chemical methods.